Installing gnuplot in Mac OS X
The easiest way of installing gnuplot is using macports. Just Install macports and run “sudo port install gnuplot” , and this will install gnuplot along with all the dependencies. If you don’t want to install macports, then you can proceed with the following steps.
Before you download and install the gnuplot, you need to download Read Line lib for gnuplot. Perform the following to install read line lib:
- Download the latest read line lib source from here.
- Unzip the downloaded file, and copy the file to the location you want to install (i.e. /user/your_acct/local).
- go to shlib subfolder, and open Makefile. Search -dynamic and change it to -dynamiclib. You may find an error saying: use dynamiclib instead of dynamic
- Go to the directory and run the following command.
Now, you can install gnuplot. Perform the following steps:
- Download the latest gnuplot source packages from here.
- Unzip it, and go to that working directory.
- And, run the following for the installation
That’s all. Now you can type, gnuplot and start using it
Special thanks to Bhou for your helpful post regarding gnuplot installation.